X-Men Origins: Wolverine Movie Review

Filed Under:

I went out Monday afternoon to watch Xmen Origins: Wolverine at an Ayala cinema. A week prior to that, this cute girl I've been dating asked me out to watch Wolverine. That meant one week of me getting so excited for 2 good reasons:

1. I was expecting a lot from this movie. In my mind, I was thinking along the lines of IronMan or Batman Begins.(These 2 are the best superhero movies in my opinion.)
2. I was gonna watch it with this real great girl.


Monday came and the 2 of us met. There were 2 cinemas showing showing it - all SureSeats. I let her choose the seats as she was the one who paid for the both of us. No popcorn for me, boyo. Movies Rule number one: You never EVER buy popcorn nor drinks if you think the movie's gonna be good.

After all the trailers (my date got real excited when she saw the new Harry Potter trailer), the opening credits started flashing. It showed James (Wolverine) and his brother fighting in the civil war, the first and 2nd World War and Vietnam. From that point on, I knew this was gonna be better than the other Xmen movies. (Never liked 'em anyway)

Anyways, Wolverine was on okay movie. It wasn't that bad, it wasn't that good either. I felt disappointed because it wasn't even near the level of IronMan. After the Africa scenes, the whole movie went practically downhill from there (except for the Gambit scenes)


I wasted more than 300 pesos for Wolverine. Well technically, my date did since she was the one who paid for the tickets. My advice to all other couples planning to watch the movie? Spend it on a quick lunch date. Better yet, donate it to ChildrensHour

Skiverz has rated the movie a 5.8 out of 10.
Worthy to be on your DVD collection, my friend but not worthy enough for the big screen.

P.S. Hugh Jackman was good though and a Gambit Origins would be fun too - they could do it in Cajun French (subtitled to add to the appeal)
*It would be quite interesting to see how he pulled off a prison break from the island (lol. Lost?)

1 comments for this post

i thought Liev Schreiber was one of the (few?) bright spots in this flick; he and Reynolds brought some genuine acting prowess to the whole production

Posted on May 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment